Here’s the wrap-up for our last meeting.
Main topic excerpt: Would it be licit to hasten the death of someone incurably sick who is suffering?
A man is agonizing under cruel suffering. His state is known to be desperate. Would it be licit to save him a few instants of anguish by hastening his end?
Who has given you the right to prejudge God’s purpose? Can He not conduct a person to the very brink of the grave and then withdraw them, in order that they may awaken and recognise the need to change their ideas? Even when a dying person has reached the last extremes no one can be absolutely sure the final hour has arrived. Has science never been wrong in its predictions? Read more…
- Spiritist View of Euthanasia
- Death and Discarnation by Carlos Roberto de Souza, M.D.
- The Spiritist Magazine
- Euthanasia (page 10): https://goo.gl/KOt1gG
- Wikipedia: Brain Death: https://goo.gl/K2Ovmv
- Wikipedia: Persistent Vegetative State: https://goo.gl/qiTyVL